Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania
Day 1: Arusha to Lake Manyara.
You will be pick by our driver guide from your hotel in Arusha town, who will deliver a short safari info briefing, after which, we travel to the Lake Manyara National Park. We arrive in time for lunch at the lodge. After lunch we head into the Lake Manyara National Park. This impressive park is one of Tanzania’s most dramatically located wildlife areas, consisting of a massive but shallow soda lake (covering two-thirds of the park) at the foot of the Great Rift Valley’s western escarpment. The park’s varied habitat attracts a wide variety of animals, including one of Africa’s largest concentrations of elephants, Manyara’s famous tree-climbing lions, as well as large flocks of flamingos attracted by the algae in the lake. Dinner and overnight at Fanaka Lodge / Campsite.
Day 2: Safari in Lake Manyara National Park to Ngorongoro Crater.
Early morning after breakfast we descend 600m into this magnificent crater for a morning, half-day game drive. The Ngorongoro Crater is one of the most densely crowded African wildlife areas in the world and is home to an estimated 30,000 animals including some of Tanzania’s last remaining black rhino. Supported by a year round water supply and fodder, the Ngorongoro Crater supports a vast variety of animals, which include herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippo, and giant African elephants. Another big draw card to this picturesque national park is it’s dense population of predators, which include lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and the ever-elusive leopard, which sometimes requires a trained eye to spot. We will enjoy a picnic lunch in the crater, after which we travel to the Tarangire National Park. Dinner and overnight as per the standard and type of accommodation option requested. Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Rhino Lodge / Simba Campsite.
Day 3: Safari in Tarangire National Park to Arusha.
After breakfast you will drive to Tarangire National Park for a morning game drive, the Park runs along the line of the Tarangire River and is mainly made up of low-lying hills on the Great Rift Valley floor. Its natural vegetation mainly consists of Acacia woodland and giant African Baobab trees, with huge swamp areas in the south. Both the river and the swamps act like a magnet for wild animals, during Tanzania’s dry season. The Tarangire National Park is reputed to contain some of the largest elephant herds in Africa. This African national park is also home to three rare species of animals – the Greater Kudu, the Fringed-eared Oryx, as well as a few Ashy Starlings. We return to the lodge for lunch after which we will depart to Peace Hotel in Arusha for overnight and we will end our Tanzania Budget Safari.
- Hotel / Hostel Pickup
- All meals noted in the itinerary
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Laundry services
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary