DAY 1: Nairobi-Nanyuki
Depart from Nairobi at 09:00hrs and proceed towards the cool slopes of Mt. Kenya. Cross the Equator and arrive at your hotel in Nanyuki in time for Lunch. Relax and enjoy the magnificent scenery around dinner and overnight in your hotel.
DAY 2: Nanyuiki-Old Moses Camp.
After breakfast vehicle transfer to Sirimon park gate start your 5 hours hike to Old Moses camp for overnight (3300m), (5 to 6 hrs hike) where you pass through a tropical rain forest and bamboo forest. All meals and overnight at the campsite.
DAY 3: Old Moses-Shiptons Camp.
After breakfast hike to Shipton’s camp (4200m) for overnight (5 to 6 hrs hike) The walk takes you near to the summit. Shipton's camp has also an excellent setting with the north faces of Nelion peak and Batian peak facing it which provides a very beautiful scenery dinner and overnight at the shiptons camp.
DAY 4: Shiptons-Point Lenana-Mintos Hut.
Wake up early at 2.30 am atempt on Point Lenana (4985m) A pre-dawn attempt on point Lenana gives you enough time to reach the summit when the sun is rising and in clear weather which gives you a clear scenery. Afterwards descend to Mintos hut for overnight.
DAY 5: Mintos Hut-Chogoria Bandas
Descend leisurely to Chogoria park gate (3020m) for overnight. This area has spectacular views down into the Gorges valley with Lake Michaelson and Vivienne falls, and across on the other side you can see Ithanguni peak, Rotundu peaks and the Giant Flat -- top Kilingo hill table.
DAY 6: Chogoria Bandas-Nairobi.
After breakfast descend leisurely to Chogoria town for transfer back to Nairobi. Chogoria gate to Chogoria town is about 3 - 4 hours, on dirt roads through a thick bamboo forest and tropical forest. The forest is really beautiful with chances of seeing wildlife such as, white-tailed mongoose, elephant, black rhino, Columbus monkeys, Suni, duiker,
- Hotel / Hostel Pickup
- All meals noted in the itinerary
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Laundry services
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary