DAY 1: Nairobi-Nanyuki.
Depart from Nairobi at 09:00hrs and proceed towards the cool slopes of Mt. Kenya. Cross the Equator and arrive at Nanyuki hotel in time for Lunch. Relax and enjoy the excellent facilities and magnificent scenery dinner and overnight in Nanyuki.
DAY 2: Nanyuki-Judmaier Camp.
Morning spent sorting and organizing personal equipment for the mountain trek. After lunch we drive to Sirimon Gate and then to road head at 11,000 ft. An easy walk in the afternoon to help acclimatization. Overnight Judmaier camp.
DAY 3: Judmaier-Liki North Valley Camp.
After breakfast we ascend the Sirimon Track to Liki North Valley and spend the night camped in this beautiful little valley below subsidiary peaks of Teleki and Sendeyo, two ancient parasitic vents of the main peaks. Overnight stay in Liki North Valley,13,000 ft.
DAY 4: Liki North Valley Camp-Mackinders Camp.
Climb out of the North Valley and in to the Mackinder’s valley, on the broadest valleys of Mt. Kenya. We camp at the head of the mackinder’s valley camp, just below the main peaks of Batian and Nelion. 14,000ft.
DAY 5: Mackinders Camp-Point Lenana-Teleki Valley Camp.
Make an alpine ascent of the third highest peak, point Lenana (16,355 ft). This route up the north face is little used by tourists. Four hours of stiff walking to the summit. Descend to the Teleki Valley on the opposite side of the main peaks, to Mackinders Camp. Overnight Teleki Valley (13,000 ft.)
DAY 6: Teleki Valley-Met Station.
Descend to the Met. Station (Road head) on the Naro Moru Track and then back to the hotel for meals and overnight.
DAY 7: Met Station-Nairobi
After breakfast, leisurely drive back to Nairobi, arriving in the afternoon.
- Hotel / Hostel Pickup
- All meals noted in the itinerary
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Laundry services
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary