Kiliimanjaro Climbing - Marangu Route
Day 1 Nairobi-Arusha
7.15 a.m. Pick from your Nairobi hotel. 8.00 a.m. Depart for Arusha arriving in time for lunch. Spend the afternoon organising any gear you require for the trek. Overnight at your Arusha hotel.
Day 2 Arusha-Mandara
After breakfast, drive to Moshi then on to the Marangu Park Gate. the set off point for your three hour hike to Mandara Hut in which you cover 9 km. Here, we are at 2,774m above sea level on your first overnight on Kilimanjaro.
Day 3 Mandara-Horombo
Begin your trek to Horombo hut in an average hiking time of 8 hours, lunch enroute. In clear weather Mawenzi and Kibo peaks can be seen. Dinner and overnight at the hut. altitude 3,761m.
Day 4 Horombo-Kibo
After breakfast, hike 13 km to Kibo hut, 4,732 m above sea level in an average hiking time of 6 hours. You will now encounter spectacular mountain vegetation like lobelia, giant cactus and groundsel.
Day 5 Kibo-Horombo via Oilman’s Point and Uhuru Peak. – Mount Kilimanjaro
Wake up at 2.00 a.m. for a pre-down attempt of the summit. It takes 5 hours to Gilman’s Point 5,681 m above sea level. From Gilman’s it takes 5 hours to the summit Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa at 5,896 m above sea level. Descend to Horombo hut for overnight, mount Kilimanjaro is interesting to climb.
Day 6 Horombo-Arusha
After breakfast, descend to the Marangu Park Gate via Mandara You will be transferred to your Arusha hotel for overnight.
Day 7 Arusha-Nairobi
After breakfast depart for Nairobi on the morning or afternoon shuttle.
- Hotel / Hostel Pickup
- All meals noted in the itinerary
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Laundry services
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary