Kiliimanjaro Climbing - Rongai Route
Day 1 Marangu - kilimanjaro trekking
Start Marangu and transfer on dirt road using 4×4 wheel drive vehicle to the Rongai starting point(1600m).Overnight at the campsite outside the gate.
Day 2 Rongai Forest - kilimanjaro trekking
Register at the gate and organize the equipment and luggage. Begin ascent of Kilimanjaro through Rongai Forest (2600m).Trek up to the first cave for night at the designated campsite. Your crew shall have prepared the camp long before your arrival.
Day 3 Kikelewa Moorland - kilimanjaro trekking
After breakfast start a leisurely climb to Kikelewa moorland (3600m).Overnight at the camp.
Day 4 Mawenzi - kilimanjaro trekking
Steady ascent beneath jagged peaks of Mawenzi (4330m).Here you will see the famous school hut.
Day 5 Kibo - kilimanjaro trekking
Cross the lunar desert of the ‘Saddle’ to Kibo, at the bottom of the crater wall (4750m)
Day 6 Gillman’s Point - kilimanjaro trekking
Early start to reach Gillman’s Point in time for sunrise over the crater rim: on to Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa (5895m) Descend to Horombo (3720m).
Day 7 Descent - kilimanjaro trekking
Continue descent to the forest at Mandara and on to Marangu gate where you collect your certificates and maybe have a farewell beer with your crew. Transfer back to your hotel.
- Hotel / Hostel Pickup
- All meals noted in the itinerary
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Laundry services
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary