Kiliimanjaro Climbing - Machame Route
Day 1 Nairobi-Arusha
7.15 a.m. Pick from your Nairobi hotel. 8.00 a.m. Depart for Arusha via Namanga border town for immigration formalities. Rest of the afternoon at leisure. Overnight at an Arusha hotel.
Day 2 Arusha-Machame
An early start for Kilimanjaro National Park. Once we reach the park gate we will proceed directly to Machame hut campsite in an average hiking time of 6 hours for meals and overnight in tents. The altitude here is 3.10071.
Day 3 Machame-Shira
After breakfast hike to Shira hut. The trek takes 4 hours approximately via the rain forest past the valley and a steep rocky ridge ending westward at a river gorge. You will have a rest. Dinner and overnight at Shira hut campsite, 3,658m above sea level.
Day 4 Shira-Barranco
From Shira, hike to Barranco hut. in an average hiking time of 6 hours. We by-pass the lava tower and past the second junction which brings us to the arrow glacier, altitude 4,876m. We descend to Barranco hut campsite for our third overnight on Kilimanjaro. 3,860 m above sea level.
Day 5 Barranco-Barafu
After breakfast we leave Barranco and continue to the Karanga valley and the junction which connects with the Mweka trail. We hike to Barafu hut where \ve set up camp. We will have walked for about 8 hours. Dinner and overnight at the hut campsite, altitude 4.600m with the possibility of sighting both Mawenzi & Kibo peaks.
Day 6 Barafu-Mweka via Stella Point and Uhuru Peak
We rise early and head for Stella Point altitude 5,745m on our way to the summit Uhuru Peak which is 5,896m above sea level.This part of the hike takes about 6 hours. From the summit we descend to the Mweka hut campsite, 3,100m above sea level. This part of the descent takes about ’5 hours. Dinner and overnight at the hut campsite.
Day 7 Mweka-Arusha
After breakfast, we descend to the Mweka Park Gate in an average hiking time of 4 hours and then drive back to Arusha for overnight.
After breakfast depart for Nairobi on the morning or afternoon shuttle arriving at 1.00 pm or 6.30 pm.
- Hotel / Hostel Pickup
- All meals noted in the itinerary
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Laundry services
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary